So this weekend was ok
We didn't do anything fun or exciting. But I got a new trash can! Ha! Whoever thought I would be excited about getting a new trash can!? What a dork. But its a really cool trash can. My other one was a plastic rubber maid piece of poo and it was sooo dirty and gross. Ugh. Lookie look. isn't it purty? LMAO

You know your jealous. You want my trash can! ha!!
Anyways, There is a big ol story on Bree but Ill post it later. Or, here Ill copy and paste what I wrote on another board.
Ok so I slowly took Bree off her poop meds and started giving her primadolphius (http://www.vitacost.com/Natures-Way-Primadophilus-for-Kids) She was pooping just fine. Very regualr. I thought "yes! This is great! I got her off the meds! woohoo" So I quit giving her meds. Well like a week later she stopped pooping. (she was pooping fine until that one day. Looking back I think they were little poos and she wasnt getting it all out) So anyways, She didn't poop one day. I thought oh well, no biggie. I dont poop every day. Big mistake.
The next day she was vomiting. I thought she had the flu. (oh, also she has been telling me for about a week that she felt like she needed to barf. But I thought she was just being silly) So shes barfing and really, really lethargic. Then it passed. Then she started saying she needed to poop. I thought oh no! She still hasn't pooped! So I gave her some meds. and she pooped. (it was really really watery.) I thought she got it all out. But she is still saying she needs to poop! And she hasn't eaten a real meal in a week! (she is drinking and nursing just fine...nursing a little less. she says "too much titi makes me feel yucky") So Im giving her the meds again. But I'm afraid shes got a blockage or something.
Part of me just wants to give her a butt load of meds and just see how it works out but the other part wants to rush her to the doc first thing tomorrow morning! And if I do take her in I'm going to have to tell the doc I took her off the meds and hes gonna look at me like Im stupid. Because Ive already been in there for taking her off the meds! OY! I know I need to just keep her on the meds from now on. They aren't habit forming, there is no reason to take her off them. Except for the hippy part of me thinks there has to be another way to cure this. But I need to stop because Im doing it at the expense of my baby!
So thats that. Im probably gonna call and make a appt to get her in this week. Blah. I feel guilty. Oh and just to add, Ive tried the diet thing, didnt work. The doc said that once she becomes more cognitive that she will understand that going poo makes her feel better and will stop holding it. He seems to think its perfectly normal. Not like that makes me feel any better but whatever.





5 Comments:
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
umm ok thank you anonymous. you asswipe.
What a snatch that anon poster is! I would have done the same thing Katie. I hate having my kids on meds if they dont need it. ((((hugs)))))
Katie, you are an excellent mom; don't worry about the opinion of someone who is so unsure of themselves that they won't even take credit for their opinion.
Ditto Lisa and your mom. (((hugs))) I think you are an AWESOME mama, Katie.
Post a Comment
<< Home